Children are working on their spellings in class, and should practise at home too. Please find below the weekly spellings for the first and second halves of the Autumn Term, as well as the Year 5 and 6 Curriculum Spelling list. Each Friday, the children will complete a short dictation passage containing the weekly spelling words and a selection from the Curriculum List.
Autumn 2 - Science optional homework
Our topic this half term is electricity, and the children seem to be enjoying it already!
If they want to keep their learning going at home they could:
- Collect a list of electrical items in the house - which ones are mains powered? Which ones are battery powered?
- Look at the battery section of the shops - what kind of voltage batteries can they find? What do they look like? What are they used for?
- Play I spy - what can you see out and about that uses electricity? Can they find the source of power?
- Find an electricity bill for your house. Try and talk through the costs of electricity. Can they make any changes to their day to day lives to save electricity (and money)?
- https://www.andythelwell.com/blobz/ visit this website and work through the activities
Please share your activities on our twitter page - we love to see what they've been up to!
Look, Cover, Write, Check
A useful site for practising spellings is http://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/lcwc/index.html This can be accessed and played on a mobile device.
Choose a year group, then select whether you want to work on a particular spelling pattern or words from the year group list. Finally, choose a word list and press go. You will have time to read the word before it disappears, then type the spelling.
Maths homework this half term is times tables practise on Times Tables Rockstars at www.ttrockstars.com
If your child does not know their login details, please can they let their Class Teacher know.
There are many online resources for learning tables - https://www.timestables.co.uk/ is a good start.