As usual, a suggested timetable and resources for all activities for this week are provided below.
Maths Home Learning Update
As a school, we have chosen to refocus our attention in Maths on vital calculation skills.
Working at home should refresh your child's memories of calculation methods and build their confidence, supporting them ready for their return to full-time schooling (whenever that may be!).
Key Information for Maths Home Learning
- Each week will have a different calculation focus. This week's calculation focus is: subtraction.
- Each week will begin with a mental maths task on Monday - mental maths is vital and supports written calculation methods.
- Our calculation booklet (which talks through each method for each year group step by step) is available on all class pages.
- Videos to support some calculation methods are available on our school website at https://www.baileygreenprimary.org.uk/home-learning/
- If your child is struggling significantly, please feel free to visit a previous year groups home learning page and access their work - whatever they do, they are building a solid foundation of calculation methods ready for their return.
Reading - Children to continue reading J.K Rowling's new story 'The Ickabog'
Spelling Tutor: We have signed each child up for Spelling Tutor - please read the Parents' Guide for information on logging in, accessing the program, etc.
This weeks theme is: D.T
Everything you need for the weeks activities are found in the document below.