Through a range of cross curricular activities incorporating Science, DT, Art, Computing and Music, we will be learning about:
· Optical Illusions and Op Art artists.
· Surreal Art.
· Graphic/Digital Art.
· Constructing a ‘Home Alone’ house, including working electrical circuits.
· Using computing software to design wallpaper and 3D room.
· The compositions of John Williams.
We will be working on journalistic writing and writing a mystery narrative in our English lessons.
Lest We Forget
Through a range of cross curricular activities incorporating History, Geography, DT, Art and Computing, we will be learning about:
· The reasons why World War II began.
· The key figures of World War II.
· Researching, designing, building and evaluating air raid shelters as part of our model garden project.
· Life at home during the Blitz - blackouts, and patterns in bombing raids.
· The Battle of Britain.
· Hitler’s expressed hatred of the Jews.
· Anne Frank’s life.
· D Day and the Normandy Landings.
· The implications of the end of the war for ordinary people and the countries involved.