Welcome to our website, which is intended for use by parents of children currently at the school and by those who may be considering sending their child here.
The website provides current information about school procedures, holidays and day to day matters. There is a link to the latest newsletter.
To find any information go to the tabs at the top of the page and look for the information you require. Once you are on the page please scroll down the page as there is relevant information at the bottom of the page.
Choosing a primary school for your child is a very important decision. We are unique at Bailey Green and Bailey’s Butterflies in that we offer education and childcare from birth-11 year olds. I am very proud to be the Headteacher of our nursery and school. I love watching children grow and make progress from a baby to Year 6. Staff are committed in delivering high quality teaching and have high expectations at all times.
School opens for breakfast at 7.45am and closes at 5.30pm if your child attends wrap around care. Bailey’s Butterflies nursery opens at 7.30am until 5.30pm. To have wrap around care you are required to join “scopay” our online paying system. The school office will give you more information on costs and how to pay.
Come and see us, feel the calm, happy, hardworking atmosphere. We will try and answer any questions you may have.
I am looking forward to working with you and your child.
- Bailey Green is a large two form entry primary school, with a separate building for Bailey’s Butterflies, situated in Killingworth on the outskirts of Newcastle.
- 15 attractive and well-resourced classrooms and a Nursery, each with an interactive whiteboard and a class computer.
- Breakfast Club which opens at 7.45am.
- After School Club which closes at 5.30pm
- 2 halls which are used for assemblies, PE and lunches.
- Extensive outdoor grounds.
- ICT suite with 32 computers supplemented by a mobile suite of laptops and iPads.
- A Community Room which is used by a variety of groups throughout the week.
- School uniform is essential.
- Children admitted into reception in the September before their fifth birthday.
- Happy Hub in the school grounds for children’s well-being.